Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My first attempt at hair


I was watching my sister Leetah make hair and thought that I would try my hand at it...Let me tell you, it isn't as easy as she makes it look!...lol
This is what I came up with, I guess it was just my mood at the time, I remember seeing pics of my grandmother wearing her hair like this when she was a teenager so I almost named it "Recollections" but after checking the net for the style, I found a 1920's actress named Louise Brooks who wore her hair in this style, called a "Dutch Bob" or "Page Boy" which was her trademark style and was popular with the "Flappers".

I actually had more fun researching and designing the ad...hehe, I will be making more hair in the future, as soon as I figure out how to make a hair texture using gimp (don't have photoshop yet :/) The vendor is up at my sister Leetah's shop "Curl up and Dye Salon" at Inari Boardwalk.


No comments: